Yiannis Kranidiotis lives and works in Athens. His works focus on creating spaces and experiences by combining sound and visuals. This involves many different fields like music, audio design, visual arts, science and coding. His work has been presented in many festivals and exhibitions like Made in NY Media Center (New York), MADATAC 06 (Madrid), LUNDA Gallery (St. Petersburg, Russia), kuS Gallery (Heerlen, The Netherlands), Onasis Cultural Center (Athens). He has composed music for short films and theatre. His music also featured in a virtual reconstruction of ancient Olympia at the Foundation of the Hellenic World. His latest installation “Colour Tubes”, was presented at Onasis Cultural Center during the 2014 ICMC-SMS conference at Athens.
He has a BS in Physics from University of Partas and M.Sc. in Optics from Essex University.
Festivals & Exhibitions:
• 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art, Vancouver, Canada (August 14-18, 2015)
• Athens Digital Arts Festival 2015, Athens, Greece (May 21-24, 2015)
• Art & Science exhibition of Science Festival 2015, Technopolis, Greece (March 17-22, 2015)
• 10th Athens ANIMFEST, Athens, Greece (March 26, 2015)
• CYBERFEST media art festival, Made in NY Media Center, New York, USA. (8/1/2015)
• MADATAC 06 – Contemporary Festival of New Media Arts, Madrid, Spain. (10-14/12/2014)
• Life Science Film Festival 2014, Prague, Czech Republic. (13-17/5/2014)
• (h)ear XL II – Multimedia sound art exhibition – kuS Gallery – Heerlen, The Netherlands. (26/9-9/11/2014)
• International Computer Music Association and Sound & Music Computing 2014 Joint Conference, Athens, Greece (September 14-20, 2014)